Biomimicry and Upcoming Research/Writings

Dissertation research is well underway and contributing factors with special meetings, lectures and getting in touch with relevant people is resulting in sound progress.

Over the past couple of days I have been looking at Paulo Portoghesi's "Nature and Architecture" which addresses the various elements and factors that we can relate the natural world to architecture from an internal and external view with specific refernece to the breakdown of elements that consist inside buildings. I will be publishing my analysis of this book in the Literature Review which will consider various approaches, ethics and viability concerns withing biomimicry for architecture. I will in time put this online.

November 30th sees me heading to "The Deep" Aquarium, in Hull, engineered and designed by Terry Farrell's Firm see link here. I am meeting with Colin Brown, Chief Executive to discuss the design of the building and hope I can share the information with The Deep after writing one of my chapters about it and it can potentially be provided as educational material internally and externally at "The Deep."

This will set me up nicely following onto a lecture the day after on December 1st at Bradford University with Chris Allen, Director of the “Ask Nature Project” run by The Biomimicy Institutionin the USA. It is an exciting opportunity to hear the latest from somebody directly inolved in this feild. I hope to catch up with Chris after the lecture and probe him with a few questions. 
More information regarding the Ten + One Lecture Series can be found here.